Sunday, May 6, 2012

Got Craft?

If you've been following this blog for a bit you probably already know this, but for those of you that are new I have to tell you that I love free stuff. In fact, I will go to extraordinary lengths to obtain free stuff. And that is why I got up at 5:15 this morning to line up on Commercial Drive for the Got Craft? event, my favourite craft fair in Vancouver. The sun wasn't even over the horizon as we sleepily made our way into the line, but our efforts were rewarded by obtaining a coveted indoor position to wait for the next 4 hours. In fact we were only the second people to arrive, guaranteeing us our chief objective: a swag bag full of crafty goodness from all the vendors! Happiness! We are spending our time in line reading books, comics (from Free Comic Book Day yesderday!), playing Truffle Scuffle (a game designed by my cousin, incidentally), knitting, and whiling away the minutes on the internet.

Less than an hour now till it opens! The DJ is set up and all the vendors are arriving! Can't wait!



1 comment:

beet seeds said...

To be an artist takes to have a creative mind like you.